You are here: FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

The majority of visitors to Laos require a tourist visa to enter the country. Visas can be obtained from a Lao Embassy or are available on arrival at most major entry points into Laos. Your passport will need to be valid for at least six months after your planned departure date. Costs depend on your country of origin (between $30-$40 USD) and you will need two passport photos. Tourist visas are normally issued for 30 days.
The majority of visitors to Thailand do not need a visa to enter Thailand and will be permitted to stay for 30 days. Visitors arriving in Thailand from a neighbouring country using an overland crossing are only allowed to stay for 15 days. Nationals of the G7 countries (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK & USA) are allowed to stay for 30 days regardless of the means of entry.

Visitors may be required to provide proof of adequate finances for their stay and also proof of onward travel to leave Thailand within 30 days of the arrival date.
You can get a visa on arrival at most points of entry into Cambodia. Payment is in US dollars only and you will need two passport photos. A Tourist Visa costs $30 USD for one month. An electronic or e-visa facility is available via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website:
The majority of visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Generally, there are two options:
- Contact the Vietnamese Embassy in your country to obtain a visa before your arrive.
- Obtain a letter of approval to pick up a visa on arrival

Visa on arrival is only available at the airports on Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi or Danang

If you plan to arrive into Vietnam by land, you will need to obtain a visa beforehand as vis on arrival is not available for overland entry.

A visa costs $20 USD for one month plus a $45 USD stamping fee. You will also need to provide two passport photos

S5 Box